1 Pole Synthetic Thatch Palapas
Palapa umbrellas are also known as thatch umbrellas, tropical umbrellas, thatch palapa, grass palapa, or palapa structure. Sitting under a Synthetic palm palapa will instantly make you feel as if you're on a beautiful tropical beach. There's nothing better than to relax in the shade of a palapa. Now you really can vacation at home!
- Synthetic thatch paneling
- 6" diameter wood center pole
- Partially assembled upper frame
- Step-by-step instructions
Our 6 inch diameter poles extend to a 2 inch diameter wood frame. The thatching is a synthetic replica of the natural palm thatch normally found on palapas. We've looked long and hard to find the best synthetic thatch. The synthetic thatch looks real, but has the benefit of low maintenance and longevity. Estimate thatch life expectancy is 50 years according to the manufacturer.
Usually at least 2 people
Drill with screwdriver bits
Free standing ladder
Wheelbarrow and shovel (depending on main pole installation method)
Cement (depending on main pole installation method)
3 out of 5 - This means that this type of palapa is one of the easier to set up and enjoy. Palmex thatch is a more complicated to install than the standard natural thatch material but the life if so much longer we think it is well worth the extra work.
*Note: Installation difficulty increases proportionally with the size of palapa.
Basic Installation Instructions
- Dig a hole in ground 12'' in diameter or core a hole into your bar surface 6 inches in diameter and place center pole in hole and secure
- Assemble and secure top frame
- Attached Synthetic thatch roofing
- More detailed instructions come with kit