Palapa Structures General Policies including, Shipping, Returns, Payments, Ordering, Privacy & Terms of Sales
Ordering, Payments Policy & Acknowledgments:
Ordering can be done: directly through this website, by phone, in person, by fax, mail, email (credit card numbers should not be shared by email). For orders to be shipped: 100% of the purchase price must be received before order can be shipped. In most cased the full value will be collected upon placing the order. Payments made by credit card will we charged after order is placed Not once the order has been shipped. Forms of payment accepted: Cash, Credit Cards, Checks (checks must clear bank before shipment), Wire Transfer, Intuit Payment Network, Paypal (some limitations and fees may apply) Credit card payments made by phone or through the website require security verifications including but not limited to: security codes on front or back of card, card billing zip code, card billing address, First & Last name. We reserve the right to hold any order after credit card has been charged until all security checks have been verified. Currently transactions over $20,000.00 are not available to be paid using a credit card. Additional fees may apply for international transactions. (cross boarder fees, conversion fees etc.) Special orders: All items listed on this website shall be considered "special order" and may require a waiting period. Before placing an order; contacting us is best to get the most accurate availability and time frame to receive an order. On a rare occasion we receive an order through the website that the payment has not be successfully received or a credit card was not run or was declined but the order was processed. In this case by placing your order, you agree to make all payments due for the purchase. You authorize us to run your card again if the original transaction failed or was never run. If your order has been shipped or product or services have already been received / fulfilled; you agree to make full payment within 30 days of our notice to you that payment is due. If the payment is not received you acknowledge your outstanding bill may be sent to collections for payment.
Product Condition Acknowledgment:
Wood & Wood Products:
- The wood and wood products sold by Palapa Structures are intended to have a rustic look and appeal.
- Wood may/should be expected to have; knots, checking (see details below), banding marks, partial bark, ruff texture, somewhat distressed look, sap, pine blue staining, fungi etc.
- During the drying process our round wood tend to form what we call "checking" but basically what this is are cracks going from the outside of the wood towards the heart of the wood. This is normal and we have no way to prevent this from happening. Structurally the wood is still sound with these checks. This should not be considered a defect.
Bamboo & Bamboo Products:
- Similar to our wood; our bamboo poles will also crack or "check" as they dry. We have no way to prevent this from happening and should be expected.
- Thatch roofing will have color variation and size variations.
- As with all natural building materials i.e. bamboo, palm leaves, wood etc.; they require maintenance and or replacement over time if being used outdoors. The color will change as the product weathers. All other normal and natural outdoor deterioration should be expected. No returns, exchanges or refunds will be given do to natural expected deterioration and color changes.
Shipping, Returns & Cancellation Policy
Customers may return or exchange products with limitations.
- Items pictured on the website may vary from your actual item that will be delivered (i.e. colors may vary, manufacturing marks may exist, options shown my not be included etc.) If for some reason a return is requested because an item isn't identical to what is pictured the normal return policy will apply as stated below.
- No returns or refunds are available for purchases over 30 days old (so check order when they arrive please.)
- No returns or exchanges on customized products made specifically for purchaser. All structures are custom made to order.
- No returns on special order products.
- No returns on fire retardant or fire retardant treated products.
- Item(s) to be returned must be unused and packaging must be unopened.
- All returned merchandise will be inspected before any refunds are given.
- If damages are found, pieces are missing or if the product is not is new condition and able to be resold; a partial and possibly no refund may be applicable.
- Shipping charges are non-refundable if the item(s) has been shipped.
- All valid returns will be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
- If purchaser cancels or returns an order that has been shipped, purchaser is responsible for the return shipping cost.
- We can possibly setup the shipping for you but the shipping cost will come out of the refund.
- If an accidentally duplicate purchase is made; contact us immediately to avoid the 20% restocking fee.
- Please allow up to 45 days for refunds to be processed after the item has been returned. Most refunds are processing right away though.
- Exchanges will only be allowed if the product is unused, unopened and undamaged.
- New shipping charges will be billed if original item(s) has already been shipped.
- No refunds on installations, setup or delivery charges once services have been started.
- Once an item has been installed, no returns will be allowed or refunds given.
- Shipping Policies
- Large Item Freight is normally shipped LTL unless this option is selected for a small item that can be shipped UPS or FedEx Ground or Home delivery.
- The website uses Saia's freight calculator for large items but we normally use another carrier for the delivery. LTL Carriers used included but not limited to: FedEx LTL, UPS Freight, SAIA, Roadrunner, R&L Carriers, Estes Express Lines, Daylight Transportation, YRC Freight, USF Reddaway, Central Freight Lines, Clear Lane, AAA Cooper, ABF Freight, RPM Transportation, Dependable Highway Express, Averitt Express, ConWay Freight, Xpress Global Systems, Land Air Express of New England, Frontline Freight.
- On some occasion a shipping carrier used dose not have a local terminal and will use a 3rd party company to make a final delivery.
- No delivery of an order is guaranteed by a specific date by Palapa Structures!
- Guarantee delivery services are available but the carrier is making the guarantee.
- 100% refunds will not be given if delivery was not made by a certain date.
- Returns will be subject to the same charges as if there were no reason for the return.
- No item received should be signed for without first making an inspection of the items delivered!
- If damage is found during an inspection and before signing, damages must be noted by delivery company.
- No refunds or new replacements will be given if damages are not noted by delivery company.
- If an item is damaged:
- Have driver note damages before signing for delivery
- Do not reject delivery unless we instruct you to do so (if you reject delivery without authorization this will be considered a "return" and return shipping will be taken from the refund if applicable or billed.)
- Notify Palapa Structures right away and within 72 hours if damages are found
- Before opening packaging; take photos of damaged packaging
- Open packaging and take photos of the damaged part(s)
- Email photos to [email protected]
- If an item is damaged in transit Palapa Structures reserves the right to repair or replace the item in part or in full. Palapa Structures reserves the sole right to determine whether a damaged item will be repaired or replaced. When making repairs, Palapa Structures reserves the right to rebuild existing parts or components and/or to replace damaged parts with rebuilt parts or components.
- If you rejected delivery of your order or your items are returned to us for any other reason (wrong address provided etc.) a 20% restocking fee, all shipping fees to and from location will be retained and/or charged for. To get refunds please mail request to: Palapa Structures 5390 E Los Angeles Ave. Unit B, Somis, CA 93066 or Fax to: (805)386-6731 or email: [email protected]
- If items you have ordered are returned to us by shipping company, by you in person or delivered to us by other means, this will be considered a "Return" and all charges that correlate to a return will be retained or billed to you.
Privacy Notice Table Of Contents:
- How We Use Information
- Our Commitment To Privacy
- The Information We Collect
- Our Commitment To Data Security
- Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
- How To Access Or Correct Your Information
- How To Contact Us
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
The Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the PalapaStructures.com website, phone call, email or in person contact. On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are: Name Address Email address Phone number Credit/Debit Card Information (etc.) On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient's address. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are: Name Address Phone Number (etc.)
The Way We Use Information:
We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order. We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties. You can register with our website if you would like to be added to our mailing list as well as updates on our new products and services. Information you submit on our website will not be used for this purpose unless you fill out the registration form. We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals. Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at (805)-386-0306 or send us an email at [email protected].
If there is a dispute that arises that you can not resolve with us directly. You agree to use a 3rd party arbitrator rather than the court system.